Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Just a little post

It is getting close to Halloween. Just one more day!  We don't usually have any trick or treaters, but we do buy some candy, for just in case.  We have been here almost 18 years, and have had 2 trick or treaters in all that time. It was a neighbor and her son. LOL  Now, it would be pretty hard for the trick or treaters to get to the front door.  We have an electronic gate that you have to know the code to get into.

We will be leaving soon to go on a short vacation.  I know that I sure do need it. We do keep an eye on my MIL, Mom. She is 81 and lives alone. Her sister had knee replacement surgery earlier this year and stayed for 6 weeks with Mom. That was fun! LOL We had 2 of them to look after and take on errands and such.  Aunt Helen is mom's little sister. Well, younger sister. LOL  Helen will be coming to stay at Mom's while w go on our get-away. We will also have our daughter to call and check on them.  Our daughter is also our pet sitter.  She is who we trust our fur babies with. 

Nothing real exciting has been happening around here.

Oh, I have started knitting a Christmas stocking. It is green and white. I couldn't find the red yarn, but will look for it when I get ready for the next one.  I want to make a red and white one and a red and green one.  I would dearly love to be able to make one for each of our grandchildren, but 15 stockings is a lot of knitting!

I hope you all have a safe and happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment